Monday, March 26, 2012

{ella's doughnut party...

We celebrated Ella's second birthday this past Saturday morning with a doughnut theme. It was such a fun change of pace to have a morning birthday party!
The original idea came from this wonderful & inspiring website: lilblueboo & of course Pinterest.

The invite I created with the help of google & photoshop...

Photobucket

I enlarged the top of the invite to banner size at my local print center...

Photobucket

Bought a couple of pieces of poster board {35 cents each} and created doughnuts with paints that I already had in my stash.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I ordered 4 dozen doughnuts & 98 doughnut holes from our small town grocer {under $40}. It was less than ordering a cake like I used to do!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

{doughnut seeds...hee...this one still makes me laugh...thank you pinterest!}

Photobucket

I ordered paper straws & take home sacks from this adorable etsy store: Hey YoYo...

Photobucket

Photobucket

My Grandpa's old lunch pail worked perfectly for holding the napkins, silverware & take home bags {for extra doughnuts}...

Photobucket

We displayed a few pics from Ella's 2 years pics....{view more HERE}...

Photobucket

and fruit...we had to be a little bit good...

Photobucket

All of the plates, napkins, silverware, etc that I didn't already have on hand at home I bought at either the dollar store or target. {All for around $35.}

Happy Birthday little bean!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Along with lots of other goodies, Ella received the refrigerator & washer/dryer set to match her kitchen set she got from Christmas. All from Kmart!

Photobucket

15 comments:

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

oh my gosh megan! this is adorable!

ckmom78 said...

love this party idea...you did a fabulous job!!

Unknown said...

Awesome party idea!! I may just have one of these just to have a doughnut!!
Great pics!!!

Christa said...

Oh for cute!! I am in love with this party and my girls would crazy for that theme! Happy Birthday to your little girlie!

brenda said...

I so need a Krispy Kreme right now! What an adorable idea - can't wait to see the pages!

Shelley Haganman said...

Seriously the cutest idea ever! I love your new photos of Ella too!

Jill said...

Too cute! I'm jonesing for Krispy Kreme now. Happy birthday to sweet E!

Unknown said...

Seriously the cutest party idea!! Great job. She will have so much fun in that kitchen!

Unknown said...

Can I ask what font the red lettering is on the invite you created? If you'd like you can email me at amanda@littleknitknacks.com Thanks!

Unknown said...

Such a cute Party idea. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Can you email me thehenderson3@yahoo.com the document for the signs. I would love it.

Anonymous said...

would love to know the font alsol or the document
email bucking doe@me.com
Thanks you

Anonymous said...

I have an Ella and I love the sign! Could you email me the document. Jamiehoots86@gmail.com

Sheree said...

Oh, if only you had made the "donut seeds" available as a printable. So fun! Job well done on the party, it all looks amazing. :D

Unknown said...

Could you email the document for the sign? In love! diamondlloyd@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails