Thursday, March 1, 2012

{jenni bowlin march kit now live...

Come chat with us tonight!

Photobucket

My March kit creations...

Her old camera::
Photobucket

I have had this photo of my Grandmother sitting on a shelf for some time now. When I saw the new Magpie papers, I knew it would be a great opportunity to finally preserve what this photo means to me. I used the Main Paperkit plus a few vintage buttons from my stash.

Photobucket

I did a lot of layering with this layout which included sneaking in the doily punch to add some texture.

Photobucket

This photo shows my journaling which I did by running the fabulous perforated receipts paper through my printer. Oh how I wish I had a vintage typewriter in my scrapbook room!

Cowboy/Cowgirl Boots::
Photobucket

I couldn't resist but create a layout using some of the supplies in the mini album/ project kit. The colors were just perfect for one of our family photos we had taken this summer.
{photo by Shelley Haganman Photography}
I also used the packaging from the MME wood banners and sanded it a bit to "rough it up".

Photobucket

I flipped the kraft pocket over and added my own design just to change it up a bit. The perfect place to keep my journaling hidden!

Photobucket

I trimmed down the journaling tag just a bit so it would fit into the kraft pocket easily. I can see myself adding my journaling this way a bit more often. Love these!

Please Mom No more pictures::
Photobucket

I created this design by using my MM Slice {with the basics disc} and randomly cut out hexagon shapes.

Photobucket

I then layered pieces of the Magpie papers underneath to show through.

Photobucket

I used dimensionals to pop the cut hexagon pieces and added the new Quilted Stickers to complete the look.

Photobucket

Head on over to the Design Team Gallery for more inspiration!

9 comments:

Mel Blackburn said...

Stunning work Megan, love all 3 layouts. I've been using my Slice machine too, I was thrilled to discover the hexagon shape.

Kathy Martin said...

Ooh la la...lovin' these pages! :)

Mandie said...

love all of these, megan!

Shelley Haganman said...

You are seriously amazing! I am so in love with hexagons right now!!!

Jennifer Chapin said...

I love your layouts! Great job! I need to pull out some old photos and scrap them :)

The Grissoms' Page said...

ok- I haven't had a chance to comment in a while but I still try to stop by and am AMAZED at all your inspiration...how to you get everything done?! That layout about your grandma Della May is absolute fantastic...oh my goodness, can't say enough -- love it all!!

The Grissoms' Page said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elisa said...

great layout!!

Penny Smith said...

The details on the hexagon layout are just awesome! Love the little kraft tag! Perfect! I was JUST wondering if the Slice had a hexagon shape!! Awesome! :) I SHOULD try to use the thing once in awhile! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails